Olivia Churchill has generously donated her ex-race boat to be awarded as a prize at the Dee race weekend.
It's a class 8 Clipper, white deck with kevlar carbon hull in good condition with all fittings (including airbags and deck cover).
The boat will be awarded to the best team result. This is an opportunity to get a great boat for your club to help up and coming paddlers. As a world junior champion in classic team herself, it seemed a fitting way to decide who should recieve the boat.
There is plenty of time to hone your team eventing skills before the race weekend, so heres looking forward to some close racing. Make sure you have some space to take it home!
The team race will use the following format:
- Any three boats can enter, mixed gender and classes are allowed (including open boats, creek boats etc).
- Team course is bottom of Serpents Tail to top of town falls (short course)
- Handicaps will be based upon the slowest boat's time in team from the individual races.
- Handicap is based upon race time from Serpents tail start to the finish. For full course racers a split will be taken to give this time.
- All team members must have competed in the individual race to be considered for the grand prize.