Message From Head Coach
The Selection race at Grandtully is just weeks away for Great Britain Team selection for the Junior World Championships, U23 World Championships, Snr Europeans and World Cup.
May I please bring the below to the attention of Athletes and Coaches. This information is intended to be helpful/informative. We recognise that selection can be a nervous time for paddlers and just want to ensure that you are well prepared.
- Athletes are required to register for selection ahead of the race which is done via the WWR website - The closing date is now fast approaching.
- Please note you are also required to enter race - they are two separate requirements. Registration and race entry details are on the WWR web site.
- Race Registration on Saturday 22nd April will open at 09.00 Hours and close at 11.00 Hours. Bib numbers will then be generated and timings will be strictly adhered to. The race briefing is compulsory for those racing.
- You will require proof of BCU/WCA/SCA Membership in order to compete. No card or proof of entry, no race.
- As this is a GB selection and ICF International event there will be boat scrutineering at the event for ALL entrants. Rules are on the WWR web site. Boats must pass in order to compete in the event which includes dimensions, weight and strict adherence to air bags being of the required volume and tied in.
- Buoyancy Aid will be checked against markings standard - EN ISO 12402-5 (If it does not have this number it does not pass).
- Canoe Helmets must be marked - EN 1385 (If it does not have this number it does not pass).
- Competence assessment will be completed at the event and a rating of MEDIUM is required to achieve selection for the aforementioned races. The "controller" for this process is the Head Coach, supported by 2 other assessors.
- The timing of the sprint event will be beam providing time to 100s. The backup timing will be push button and if utilised will be rounded to 0.5 as per guidance. The classic race will be timed by push button stop watch timing.
Water levels at Grandtully are currently good with rain forecast for the week ahead. I trust your preparations are going well and look forward to seeing you at what is looking to be an excellent top level weekend of racing.