Best practice guidance is now available to coaches on the British Canoeing Website and through the Documents 'British Canoeing Terms of Reference' and British Canoeing Safety Guidelines for Paddlers, Clubs and Volunteers, with insurance issues also covered through the British Canoeing Insurance Micro Site.
- Matters specifically referenced within the British Canoeing Safety Guidelines for Paddlers, Clubs and Volunteers document include;
- A guide to risk assessment
- A guide to risk management and risk assessment in Paddlesport
- Guidance notes on generic and site/activity specific risk assessment
- Paddlesport Operational Considerations
- Dynamic Risk Assessment in Paddlesport: The safe Person Concept
- Notifying incidents and accidents