The BUCS Wild Water Race is an annual inter-university canoeing race held on the River Washburn. There is a classic time-trial race on the Saturday and a sprint time-trial on the Sunday. The event is organised by The Friends of Durham University Canoe Club.
The 2016/2017 BUCS Wild Water Race will be held over the weekend of the 19th and 20th November on the Washburn. We look forward to seeing many of you there.
2016 Event Summary:
- Dates: 19th and 20th November 2016
- Venue: River Washburn, North Yorkshire
- Camping: Thornthwaite Scout Campsite
- Food: BBQ at the top of the course
- Party: Thornthwaite Scout Campsite
- Online Entries are done via BUCScore not via this website.
- All classic events will run on Saturday
- All sprint events will run on Sunday
- There will be no formal start list - universities will have to take responsibility for organising themselves in the given time windows
- The gap between competitors will be about 30 seconds
- The campsite must be cleared by 9.30 on Sunday, any property left on the site after 10.00 will be disposed of.
- Bibs should be retained on Saturday night for re-use on Sunday in the sprints - please see the bib list at the weekend for details