Any boat- Wavehoppers available, 4 pounds juniors, 5 pounds adults. Suitable for all abilities so please come along and enjoy the fun!
A very Happy New Year to everyone
We have the next Barrow race this Saturday 7th January. Breakfast & check in from 9.00am. Briefing 10.15am. First Start 11am
The Saturday after is the Matlock race. Note this is also part of a National training weekend at Matlock and HPP. More details of the training weekend can be found on our website and on FB or ask Jamie Christie. Please pre enter if possible.
Did you know that during 2016 British Canoeing athletes gained 90 medals at World and European competitions, comprising of 39 gold medals, 26 silver medals and 25 bronze medals?
2016 has been a spectacular year for British Canoeing with an array of outstanding performances across all disciplines. Two gold and two silver medals at Rio in the summer represented the best ever Olympic games for the British Canoeing team and a month later the Paracanoe team went one better, winning five medals, three gold and two bronze, medalling in all but one event.
The ICF World Championships, Banja Luka, Bosnia Herzegovina: 1st-5th June 2016
Read more from the championships where Hannah Brown was crowned World Champion by clicking here.
Gold Medal: Hannah Brown (WK1)
Incorporating Matlock Long Sprint Race.
Matlock/Nottingham 14th/15th January
Suitable for anyone interested in Wild Water Racing, all are welcome and we will tailor training to suit everyone.
- 9.00-9.30am meet at Matlock registration, Artists Corner Car Park
- 9.30am Intro and Theory of race pacing.
- 10am on the water 3 runs plus paddle backs
- 11.30am, 1st runs,12.30pm 2nd runs
- 1.30pm to 2.00pm Lunch
- 2.00pm – 4.00pm small groups up stream downstream practice and drills.
- 7am Pool session at Portland Leisure Centre, Nottingham
- 10am Nottingham Kayak Club Winter race
- 11.30am Classroom Session
- 12.30pm Lunch and home
If anyone is very keen we can organise and afternoon session on the Daleks on the White Water coarse early afternoon. White water coarse is open to Racing boats Sunday PM. There will be a charge of £15.00 per paddler which will include race entry and cover the pool cost on Sunday morning.
SCA Training Camp WWR - Grandtully 12th-17th December 2016.
There will be coach supported training event, for WWR athletes the week commencing 12th December 2016 until Saturday 17th December.
National Coaches Paul Anderson & Carol Foody will be on site to organise and support athletes who aspire to GB team representation in the following season or next 3 years.
Paddlers should be self sufficient and capable of canoeing in WWR craft on grade 3/4 water. Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult as coaches will not be present on the water at all times.
The week will focus on technical movinng water elements, and core training/preparation. There will be a fee of £10 per athlete.
Best practice guidance is now available to coaches on the British Canoeing Website and through the Documents 'British Canoeing Terms of Reference' and British Canoeing Safety Guidelines for Paddlers, Clubs and Volunteers, with insurance issues also covered through the British Canoeing Insurance Micro Site.
- Matters specifically referenced within the British Canoeing Safety Guidelines for Paddlers, Clubs and Volunteers document include;
- A guide to risk assessment
- A guide to risk management and risk assessment in Paddlesport
- Guidance notes on generic and site/activity specific risk assessment
- Paddlesport Operational Considerations
- Dynamic Risk Assessment in Paddlesport: The safe Person Concept
- Notifying incidents and accidents
A busy weekend coming up - whatever the weather! Good luck to all athletes taking part in the BUCS WWR Championships on the River Washurn near Harrogate and the two regional races at Barrow on Soar and on the River Hamble.