SCA Training Camp WWR - Grandtully 12th-17th December 2016.
There will be coach supported training event, for WWR athletes the week commencing 12th December 2016 until Saturday 17th December.
National Coaches Paul Anderson & Carol Foody will be on site to organise and support athletes who aspire to GB team representation in the following season or next 3 years.
Paddlers should be self sufficient and capable of canoeing in WWR craft on grade 3/4 water. Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult as coaches will not be present on the water at all times.
The week will focus on technical movinng water elements, and core training/preparation. There will be a fee of £10 per athlete.
Best practice guidance is now available to coaches on the British Canoeing Website and through the Documents 'British Canoeing Terms of Reference' and British Canoeing Safety Guidelines for Paddlers, Clubs and Volunteers, with insurance issues also covered through the British Canoeing Insurance Micro Site.
- Matters specifically referenced within the British Canoeing Safety Guidelines for Paddlers, Clubs and Volunteers document include;
- A guide to risk assessment
- A guide to risk management and risk assessment in Paddlesport
- Guidance notes on generic and site/activity specific risk assessment
- Paddlesport Operational Considerations
- Dynamic Risk Assessment in Paddlesport: The safe Person Concept
- Notifying incidents and accidents
A busy weekend coming up - whatever the weather! Good luck to all athletes taking part in the BUCS WWR Championships on the River Washurn near Harrogate and the two regional races at Barrow on Soar and on the River Hamble.
A quick reminder: The ACM is on 26th November 2016, approx17:00 (straight after the race on the Tyne Venue: Hexham canoe hut at the side of the green Hexham -
Tour of the North 2016 coming up soon: Tyne Classic Regional race – 26 Nov. Tees Classic & Sprint National Races – Sun 27 Nov 2016. Includes Wavehopper race
SATURDAY: Tyne Classic & Team Event. Start approx. 11.00. meet from 9.00 am for warm up at quarry NE46 4RY
SUNDAY: Meet at Eggleston DL12 9EQ at 9.00am for Tees Classic, followed by Tees Sprint at Abbey rapids - afternoon
Please note all times are approx. If you pre enter you will be informed of any changes
Exact locations and times may vary depending on water levels.
. Race Entries: £20 (for three races) late entries £2.50 extra
Dart race this weekend cancelled due to lack of water. Rescheduled for 4/5th February.
The BUCS Wild Water Race is an annual inter-university canoeing race held on the River Washburn. There is a classic time-trial race on the Saturday and a sprint time-trial on the Sunday. The event is organised by The Friends of Durham University Canoe Club.
The 2016/2017 BUCS Wild Water Race will be held over the weekend of the 19th and 20th November on the Washburn. We look forward to seeing many of you there.
2016 Event Summary:
- Dates: 19th and 20th November 2016
- Venue: River Washburn, North Yorkshire
- Camping: Thornthwaite Scout Campsite
- Food: BBQ at the top of the course
- Party: Thornthwaite Scout Campsite
- Online Entries are done via BUCScore not via this website.
- All classic events will run on Saturday
- All sprint events will run on Sunday
- There will be no formal start list - universities will have to take responsibility for organising themselves in the given time windows
- The gap between competitors will be about 30 seconds
- The campsite must be cleared by 9.30 on Sunday, any property left on the site after 10.00 will be disposed of.
- Bibs should be retained on Saturday night for re-use on Sunday in the sprints - please see the bib list at the weekend for details
The latest Wavehopper Individual and Club Rankings are published on the website and on the WWR Facebook Site - "Wild Water Racing for Fun" Here
Well done to Duddon for another very convincing win and to Rutland, The Sharks, Carlisle and Bradford & Bingley as runners up.
I look forward to seeing even more competing across the UK during 2016/17
|Red Spotty Background = Challenge Series Winner||Purple Text = large Club i.e. a Club with more than 6 competitors at one or more events|
|Club||Total No. of Paddlers Representing Club||Club Challenge Winner||Challenge Series Club Prize Score||Challenge Series Club Prize Rank|
|Bradford & Bingley||10||273||5|
|Hamble Sea Scouts||4||149||10|
|Malton + Norton||2||75||16|
|Axe Vale CC||1||25||24|
|Boat House Paddlers||1||25||24|