The ICF has issued a preliminary information bulletin for the Pau Worlds : official training slots 2017 icf canoe world championships canoe slalom & wildwater canoeing sprint
Any boat- Wavehoppers available, 4 pounds juniors, 5 pounds adults. Suitable for all abilities so please come along and enjoy the fun!
A very Happy New Year to everyone
We have the next Barrow race this Saturday 7th January. Breakfast & check in from 9.00am. Briefing 10.15am. First Start 11am
The Saturday after is the Matlock race. Note this is also part of a National training weekend at Matlock and HPP. More details of the training weekend can be found on our website and on FB or ask Jamie Christie. Please pre enter if possible.
Did you know that during 2016 British Canoeing athletes gained 90 medals at World and European competitions, comprising of 39 gold medals, 26 silver medals and 25 bronze medals?
2016 has been a spectacular year for British Canoeing with an array of outstanding performances across all disciplines. Two gold and two silver medals at Rio in the summer represented the best ever Olympic games for the British Canoeing team and a month later the Paracanoe team went one better, winning five medals, three gold and two bronze, medalling in all but one event.
The ICF World Championships, Banja Luka, Bosnia Herzegovina: 1st-5th June 2016
Read more from the championships where Hannah Brown was crowned World Champion by clicking here.
Gold Medal: Hannah Brown (WK1)
Incorporating Matlock Long Sprint Race.
Matlock/Nottingham 14th/15th January
Suitable for anyone interested in Wild Water Racing, all are welcome and we will tailor training to suit everyone.
- 9.00-9.30am meet at Matlock registration, Artists Corner Car Park
- 9.30am Intro and Theory of race pacing.
- 10am on the water 3 runs plus paddle backs
- 11.30am, 1st runs,12.30pm 2nd runs
- 1.30pm to 2.00pm Lunch
- 2.00pm – 4.00pm small groups up stream downstream practice and drills.
- 7am Pool session at Portland Leisure Centre, Nottingham
- 10am Nottingham Kayak Club Winter race
- 11.30am Classroom Session
- 12.30pm Lunch and home
If anyone is very keen we can organise and afternoon session on the Daleks on the White Water coarse early afternoon. White water coarse is open to Racing boats Sunday PM. There will be a charge of £15.00 per paddler which will include race entry and cover the pool cost on Sunday morning.
Registration for selection is now open and available here. You will need to be logged in to register for selection. Registration for selection will automatically enter you for the selection event, there is no need to enter separately.
Selection for 2017 Great Britain teams (not World Championships) will be at Grandtully on 22/23 April 2017
- Rationale - The course is the most representative to that in nature and length.
- Race Organiser – Under direction of Head Coach
- Rationale – The course best reflects the high competence levels required at the event.
- Race Organiser – Under direction of Head Coach
Competence & Performance Requirements
- World Championships - Competency High, Performance Medium. (Target Event)
- World Cup - Competency Medium, Performance Low. (Development Event)
- Senior Europeans - Competency Medium, Performance Low. (Development Event)
- Junior World Championships - Competency Medium. Performance Low (Target Event)
- Under 23 Worlds - Competency Medium. Performance Low. (Development Event)
- elect to take places
- do not meet the criteria (U23)
- or more places exist (world cup)
Coaching Team 2017
- Head Coach – Paul Anderson
- Performance Director – Jamie Christie
- National Coach – Nicky Cresser
- National Coach – Grant Anderson
- Senior Team Manager – Paul Anderson
- Junior Team Manager – Nicky Cresser
- Regional Coach - Russ Smith
- Regional Coach – Nigel Stevenson
- Regional Coach – Ross Pearton
- Regional Coach - Mackon Khela
- Regional Coach – Carl Foody
- Regional Coach – Fraser Gormal
- Regional Coach – Cynthia Berry
- Regional Coach – Neal Underwood
- Regional Coach – Kevin Barrowbank
- Coach Supported Event – Tour of the North November 2016 (PA/NC/CF/FG)
- SCA Xmas Squad Training – W/C 12th December (SCA Event but open invite)
- Nottingham – 14th – 15th January 2017 (GA/JC)
- Grandtully WWR & Squad Training – 15th- 19th February 2017 (NC/PA/CF/FG)
SCA Training Camp WWR - Grandtully 12th-17th December 2016.
There will be coach supported training event, for WWR athletes the week commencing 12th December 2016 until Saturday 17th December.
National Coaches Paul Anderson & Carol Foody will be on site to organise and support athletes who aspire to GB team representation in the following season or next 3 years.
Paddlers should be self sufficient and capable of canoeing in WWR craft on grade 3/4 water. Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult as coaches will not be present on the water at all times.
The week will focus on technical movinng water elements, and core training/preparation. There will be a fee of £10 per athlete.